Monday, January 14, 2008

Marshall's first broken bone

OK, so the last day of Christmas vacation, Friday January 4th, we had friends K&T over to play. They were all upstairs in the loft and I was in the computer room, Mariah and K & T came downstairs Marshall and Jayden were still up, and I hear Marsh crying.... I go up and he's just sitting on the floor crying. I pick him up and i can tell it hurts him. He cries and cries, I ask Jayden and I get nothing, did you kick him? Yes. did he fall off the couch? yes. what happened? I jumped on him.... hmmmm.... well, I guess we'll never know. So I play with Marshall a bit so I can watch him, and he's pulling at his shirt everytime he reaches for something and hurts himself.... I take off the shirt and can see a little red, but it fades.... . I think its his collarbone, so I come down and reseaarch it while he takes a nap. There's nothing you can do for a broken collarbone, so I'm in no rush. He babies the arm all week, and I let him, I find a new way to pick him up so as not to hurt it, eventually we go to the Dr to get a script for an x-ray, He thinks its broken and gives us a brace. Too bad I didn't do that earlier, he could've worn the brace all week to help it set better. So we just got the x-ray and the results. A fractured right clavicle. Hmmmm.... First broken bone in the family.... And its the baby poor guy. Also he bit through his last pacifier during this time and we had to wean him. So broken bone and no comfort tool..... :(

No comments: